This piece includes 12 napkins of people I would enjoy having at a potluck. I used a silkscreen technique to transfer their handwriting to the napkins and then stitched details on small parts of the napkins.
- Eleven Day Pickles (yes 11 days to make these)
- Chicken Hurry (My mother in laws recipe that uses leftovers)
- Buns (an apology letter with a bun recipe because she originally sent the recipe to my daughter in the mail without instructions on how to mix the ingredients)
- Carrot Cake (my deceased sister in laws recipe)
- Vegetarian Chili (my daughter has become a vegetarian to help save the planet)
- Bear Paw Soup (my husband’s recipe created after having a great soup at Grizzly Paw restaurant in BC)
- La salade de pomme de terres de ma mère (from my mother figure living in Paris)
- Gâteau aux oranges et amandes (from my mother figure living in Paris)
- Dandelion Wine (I am currently touring my exhibition of 2000 paper dandelions so thought this was an appropriate recipe to include)
- Chocolate Pie with Raspberries (my mother in laws, go to dessert in summer)
- Cheesy Potatoes (the never waste recipe as it uses day old mashed potatoes)
- Happiness (the most important recipe of all, how to be happy)
The napkins are arranged as a clock, because the time we spend with friends and family is so important.